COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
As of September, all our lessons with be conducted in-person, with enhanced safety measures
Concert Canary remains committed to delivering a safe, high-quality and fully rounded musical education to all our students. Following a term of online-only lessons, we are now able to re-open with in-person lessons in our usual venue, Canary Wharf College.
As you know, this is a fast-moving situation, and we are constantly monitoring the news and evolving government guidelines. We have made several changes to ensure the safety of our students and staff. We will be monitoring the situation closely going forward.
Changes we have made:
- Classroom surfaces and shared spaces will be disinfected at the start and end of the day, as well as between each lesson.
- Hand sanitiser is available in reception and all children will be asked to use it on arrival.
- We will request that face-coverings be worn in shared areas by tutors and students over 11 years. These can be removed when in classroom.
- We’ve implemented social distancing in shared areas including the waiting area.
- The refreshments table, music clinic “masterclass” and end-of-term concert are temporarily suspended while the pandemic is on-going.
- Parents will be asked to drop their children off outside to reduce the number of people in the building. We will control the flow in and out of the school carefully to prevent bunching up in hallways and reception.
- Teachers will minimise contact with students and their belongings (textbooks, instruments, etc) as much as possible while still delivering high-quality teaching.